Most people are happy to end their treatment with braces – not just because their smile is now straight, but also because they’re thrilled to no longer have a mouth full of metal. But there is another way! You can straighten your teeth, but avoid the metal hardware with clear aligners.
In our office, we offer two popular brands of aligners: Invisalign and ClearCorrect. Dr. Ross can help you determine which is the best choice for you. Call us at 248-697-2487 for a FREE consultation. In the meantime, see some of the reasons this treatment is so popular:
- No Need to Skip Sticky Treats – Sticky foods get caught in braces and are difficult to remove – and can even damage them. So many braces wearers just avoid them during treatment. You can remove clear aligners to eat – so you can enjoy sticky foods, popcorn, or anything else!
- Easy Oral Hygiene – Taking aligners out also makes it a snap to brush and floss. Braces make it tough to get to all of the surfaces of your teeth with a brush and floss.
- No Metal to Make You Self-Conscious – One of the biggest benefits of aligners is their nearly invisible appearance. They blend so seamlessly into your smile that most people won’t even be aware of them.
- No Uncomfortable Adjustments – To keep your orthodontic treatment on track with braces, your dentist has to periodically tighten the wires. With clear aligners, you just switch to a new set every two weeks or so. The new aligners may feel a bit tight when you first put them in – but it’s more comfortable than adjustments for braces. We suggest doing so before bedtime, since you’ll be less likely to notice when you’re asleep.
- Faster Results – Most patients complete their treatment with clear aligners in less time than with braces, usually within 12 months.
Call Dr. James C. Ross today at 248-697-2487 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation in Novi, MI.