The clear braces are great. You know, we use Invisalign, we use ClearCorrect. And they use gentle forces just like traditional braces to move teeth. Some of the advantages are you really don't see that you are going through any orthodontic work to improve your smile. So people don't really know that you're doing that and some people prefer that. I know my wife personally we treated her with the Invisalign, and we've treated many patients that are in positions where their jobs require that they interact with people all the time. We've had teachers, and we've had CEO's of companies, we've had flight attendants, we've had people that interact every day with the public and they just don't want the traditional braces. So its great with that.
The other advantages is you can take those off when you eat, so you're able to get around and clean areas around the teeth better than you can with traditional braces. We always evaluate, take a digital scan. We evaluate the bite. We get a simulation back to see where we can move things. There's a series of trays that are used and each aligner or tray moves a small segment. And you wear each tray for 2 to 3 weeks, and most treatments we go anywhere between 3 months, to 6 or 8 months, up to a year or so. And its something that our patients have loved. And many times we combine it with other treatments where we're moving things, and then doing some whitening, or doing some veneers if the tooth is too small. But it's a great service.
For orthodontic treatment from an experienced dentist who can also help you achieve your other smile goals, like whiter teeth or less wrinkles, see Dr. Ross. Call us at 248-697-2487 or try out our easy online form.
Invisalign & ClearCorrect Adult Braces
I had two kids go through braces and I remember having the sore mouths, the wires, all the pain that went with that. I was considering going through something similar. They have one that's a very short time of six months. Invisalign's different because you can remove them, you can eat whatever you like, corn on the cob. You can clean your teeth a lot better.
You can get in there and floss and you don't have all those wires hurting your mouth and trying to work around. It just seemed more the thing for me, especially at my age. When you hit 60 you don't wanna have a problem with roots and other things that I feel that if you try to move things too fast. Invisalign was taking the time and making it correct and even continuing it on if it didn't perfect exactly the way that you wanted the first time.
They will continue on until they get it just perfect. That's getting there. My teeth went crooked when I had wisdom teeth that were going sideways. I've had them that way for quite a while. Then as I got older, they were starting to shift and get worse and worse. I noticed myself smiling less or hiding it a little bit more, and I thought, "You know, it's time to do something for me."
That's when I decided, "Okay, let's do this." Nobody notices it, really, that I'm wearing them when I have them on, which is nice, rather than having a mouth full of metal. It's been a great process for me. They've come a long way.
- Removable. You can remove your aligners when you need to. No getting food stuck in your braces or wasting time trying to floss and brush around your brackets.
- See-Through. Your braces will be hardly noticeable, so you don’t have to worry about feeling self-conscious when socializing or in photos.
- No Adjustments. You’ll get new aligner sets every few weeks. Your time won’t be consumed with frequent braces adjustment appointments – you’ll only need to visit every six weeks or so for a progress check.
- More Comfortable. No metal means you don’t have to worry about cutting your lip while playing sports or deal with sharp metal brackets and wires poking you.
The Clear Braces Process
Dr. Ross will customize a treatment plan and show you what’s possible for your smile. At your consultation, we’ll capture 3-D images of your mouth and send them off for your unique aligners to be created. Each aligner will move your smile one step straighter.
Cosmetic Dentistry After Braces
Once your braces are off, you likely won’t want to stop there. For a truly perfect smile, Dr. Ross can create a treatment plan that might include:
- KöR in-office laser whitening or whitening trays you can use at home for a brighter smile
- Laser gum reshaping that can even out your gumline or correct a gummy smile
- Botox®, Juvéderm®, or RADIESSE® for a face that’s as youthful as your smile
- Tooth bonding for a quick fix for minor flaws
- Super durable e.max dental veneers for concealing every smile imperfection
Don’t settle for anything less than straight teeth. Schedule your consultation for Invisalign® and ClearCorrect Clear Braces in Novi, MI with Dr. Ross by calling us at 248-697-2487 during office hours or fill out our online form any time. Dr. Ross was the winner of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry’s Annual Smile Gallery Competition. Let him apply his award-winning skills to your smile.