We have many restorative options. We don't use any of the silver mercury. I stopped using that some 20 years ago. I think there are healthier, better materials that actually strengthen the teeth. We use composite materials that are white, and that's our restorative material for general fillings that we use. We do crowns. We do onlays: three quarter crowns that blend in. Usually it's just when I look at the criteria of what I'm going to use when I'm using the porcelain restorations, we're able to conserve a lot of the tooth many times. It's just like in medicine. We used to have large incisions and now we have the arthroscopic surgery where it's minor. With my lasers, I'm able to just take precisely the decay bond in a small amount rather than making a big restoration, which we used to have to do with our silver mercury in order to have it hold. Now, we use the laser and it's small.
Other procedures that we use to replace teeth, we have implants. We have some patients that do have partial dentures that come in and out, and some patients that have full dentures have actually transitioned into, because they move around so much, to add a couple implants to make it secure so now they can eat again, which they might not have been able to do for years.
The Unmatched Expertise Of Dr. Ross
Dr. Ross has dedicated himself to lifelong learning in the field of restorative dentistry so he can better serve you. He has even honed his skills in one of the most complex areas of dentistry, dental implants, and is an active member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
Repairing Your Smile With Restorative Dentistry
A lot can go wrong with your smile. Anyone at any point in their life may require restorative dentistry for their smile. That’s why Dr. Ross and our team offer so many options:
- Dental implants replace your missing or severely damaged teeth. Unlike dentures, implants fuse with your jawbone for a sturdy, natural feel.
- Dental crowns completely cap your damaged or badly discolored teeth with strong, tooth-colored porcelain or zirconia, whether for protection or for a more cosmetic purpose. Partial crowns, called inlays and onlays, provide a similar function for the top and sides of your teeth.
- Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth that bridge the gap left by missing teeth.
- Tooth-colored dental fillings repair the damage left by cavities with a composite material indistinguishable from your natural tooth – so no one will know but you.
- Dental veneers help to strengthen, protect, and conceal your discolored, chipped, or cracked teeth. They are thin pieces of tooth-colored material that are carefully shaped and bonded onto the front surface of your natural teeth.
Are you experiencing pain because of your damaged teeth? Don’t wince through another meal. Call 248-697-2487 or fill out our online form to schedule your appointment with Dr. Ross and discover how restorative dentistry in Novi, MI can give you back your full dental function.