Is your smile not quite what it used to be? At Dr. James Ross, Family, Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry, we can revitalize or replace your damaged or missing teeth with restorative dentistry in Novi.Doctor James Ross on the restorative options available Read Transcript
We have many restorative options. We don't use any of the silver mercury. I stopped using that some 20 years ago. I think there are healthier, better materials that actually strengthen the teeth. We use composite materials that are white, and that's our restorative material for general fillings that we use. We do crowns. We do onlays: three quarter crowns that blend in. Usually it's just when I look at the criteria of what I'm going to use when I'm using the porcelain restorations, we're able to conserve a lot of the tooth many times. It's just like in medicine. We used to have large incisions and now we have the arthroscopic surgery where it's minor. With my lasers, I'm able to just take precisely the decay bond in a small amount rather than making a big restoration, which we used to have to do with our silver mercury in order to have it hold. Now, we use the laser and it's small.
Other procedures that we use to replace teeth, we have implants. We have some patients that do have partial dentures that come in and out, and some patients that have full dentures have actually transitioned into, because they move around so much, to add a couple implants to make it secure so now they can eat again, which they might not have been able to do for years.
Dr. Ross has dedicated himself to lifelong learning in the field of restorative dentistry so he can better serve you. He has even honed his skills in one of the most complex areas of dentistry, dental implants, and is an active member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Dr. Ross has also received several awards, including Hour Detroit magazine’s Top Dentist Award for multiple years. With our help, you can:
- Enjoy showing off your new smile with pride
- Eat all your favorite foods again, even crunchy, hearty ones
- Show more confidence in your social interactions
- Make better first impressions in your professional life
- Improve your overall oral health
- Stop painful biting and chewing
Call Dr. Ross’s office today at 248-697-2487 to schedule a complimentary consultation and free smile imaging. You’ll be glad you did! Our office is conveniently located on Novi Road, near its intersection with West 10 Mile Road.
Repair Your Smile With Restorative Dentistry Services
A lot can go wrong with your smile. Anyone at any point in their life may require restorative dentistry treatment. That’s why Dr. Ross and our team offer so many options to give you back a beautiful, functional smile:
- Dental implants replace your missing or severely damaged teeth. Unlike dentures, implants fuse with your jawbone for a sturdy, natural feel. They will also help keep your jawbone healthy and whole, minimizing potential changes in your facial structure.
- Dental crowns completely cap your damaged or badly discolored teeth with strong, tooth-colored porcelain or zirconia, whether for protection or for a more cosmetic purpose. Partial crowns, called inlays and onlays, provide a similar function for the top and sides of your teeth.
- Dental bridges are prosthetic teeth that bridge the gap left by missing teeth. They anchor either to your other teeth or to dental implants.
- Tooth-colored dental fillings repair the damage left by cavities with a composite material indistinguishable from your natural tooth – so no one will know but you.
- Dental veneers strengthen, protect, and conceal your discolored, chipped, or cracked teeth. These thin pieces of tooth-colored material are carefully shaped and bonded onto the front surface of your natural teeth.
Are you experiencing pain because of your damaged teeth? Don’t wince through another meal or go another day without a beautiful smile. Call 248-697-2487 today or fill out our online form to request your appointment with Dr. Ross. You’ll soon discover how restorative dentistry in Novi can give you back your full dental function.