As hard as you might try to keep your smile healthy – with regular brushing, flossing, and checkups – you may still get a cavity that needs to be filled. Not to worry. Dr. Ross uses a gentle laser to remove decay when preparing your tooth for a filling. Novi laser fillings offer you these benefits:
- There’s no drill involved, so there are no weird smells, sounds, or sensations.
- Pinpoint precision means that less healthy tooth structure has to be removed.
- Treatment takes just a few minutes.
Get Your Smile Back Painlessly by Repairing Tooth Decay
The dental laser is one of the greatest inventions of modern dentistry. Laser treatment allows Dr. Ross to perform many procedures quickly and painlessly that used to require drilling or cutting.
Filling a tooth is a good example of this:
- To place a filling, Dr. Ross first uses a low-power dental laser to remove the decay. That means you don’t have to endure the drill and all the sensations that go along with it.
- In a matter of seconds, the laser will make quick work of tooth decay, leaving as much original tooth structure in place as possible.
- Then we sculpt tooth-colored composite resin into place to fill in the area that was just cleaned out.
Your new filling will blend in beautifully with the rest of your teeth, and no one will be the wiser that you have one. Just as important, you will not have to deal with any drilling. Most patients are happy when we tell them that the laser takes the place of the drill when filling teeth.
For laser fillings in Novi, call Dr. James C. Ross today at 248-697-2487. Our team will fix your smile quickly and comfortably!