Your smile is often the first thing someone notices about you. If you are too embarrassed to show it off, it can have a major effect on your self-confidence. If small teeth are to blame for wanting to hide your smile, let us help.
At our Novi, MI dental practice, we regularly help patients overcome their embarrassment by enhancing their oral health and addressing their cosmetic dental issues. Learn more about the problem that is causing you concern and the different ways we can help give you something to smile about. When you are finished reading today’s post, be sure to follow up with us at Dr. James Ross, Family, Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry. You can reach us at 248-697-2487 or via our online form to schedule an appointment.
Are My Teeth Too Small?
In some cases, it’s easy for someone to recognize that their teeth look too small. Sometimes, a person will know that something isn’t quite right about their smile, but can’t pinpoint exactly what it is.
Your teeth could be too small if you:
- Notice that your teeth look “short” compared to your gums or surrounding teeth
- Believe that your teeth aren’t big enough to properly fill your mouth or that your teeth are so small they make your mouth look too large
- Notice that your gums look too big or that too much of your gums show, giving you a “gummy smile”
- Think that your teeth are too “low” on your gums
- Notice that your teeth so small, gaps are formed between many of your teeth
- Find it difficult to eat and speak because of the size of your teeth
Even if none of the above instances relate to you, contact our office about any concerns you have about the size of your teeth, and we will see what we can do for you.
Treatment Options for Small Teeth
At our Novi, MI dental practice, Dr. Ross and our team offer a wide selection of cosmetic treatments and general dentistry solutions to help fix your teeth. When you visit us for a consultation, we can create a customized treatment plan that suits your needs. Typically, one of those treatment plans would include one or more of the following:
- Porcelain veneers
- Veneers are one of the most popular solutions for undersized teeth. Veneers are thin shells, typically made of porcelain, that we can use to instantly transform the look of your teeth. We can custom-make your dental veneers to make your teeth look larger.
- Fixed bridges
- A fixed bridge can be a great solution if you have a few teeth in a row that are too small. In some cases, we can solve the problem by placing a tooth-colored bridge over those teeth.
- Dental implants
- If, for whatever reason, the teeth that are too small need to be removed, dental implants are a long-lasting solution that look, feel, and function like natural, healthy teeth.
- Dental crowns
- In some cases, we can use dental crowns to cover one or more individual teeth, making them appear larger.
- If your smaller teeth are the result of teeth grinding, a nightguard can help prevent grinding and protect your teeth from further damage.
- Changing medications
- Depending on what medication you are taking and the effect it is having on your teeth, we may recommend you schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor to discuss changing your medication to one that won’t affect the health of your teeth.
- Braces or aligners
- If the size of your teeth is related to misalignment or another orthodontic issue, we may recommend braces or aligners to fix your smile.