If you have missing teeth, there is no reason to put off replacing them. At Dr. James Ross, Family, Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry, we can make your smile whole again with dental implants. Taking this step is not only good for your self-confidence, it’s good for your oral health. To schedule a consultation, call our Novi, MI office at 248-697-2487 or request an appointment via our online form.
Don’t Leave Gaps in Your Grin
If you have holes in your smile, there are very real consequences to your self-esteem and your oral health.
- You may feel self-conscious, always tempted to hide your smile or even avoid social situations altogether. You may come across as timid and not confident.
- Teeth support the muscles and skin around your mouth. If they are not there, the area around your mouth may start to sag, giving you a sunken and aged look.
- Without teeth, you may not be able to eat or speak properly.
- Healthy teeth stimulate your jawbone, keeping it strong and healthy. Without teeth in your mouth, your bone may actually start deteriorating and shrinking.
The Magic of Dental Implants
If you want a smile that looks and feels the most like the real thing, dental implants are your best bet. What sets this restorative solution apart from the rest is that they are constructed just like actual teeth, with a root and crown. The process is completed over the course of several months.
- First, your artificial tooth root — a titanium post —is surgically inserted into your jawbone.
- Over the next few months, your jaw heals, fusing around the post and anchoring it permanently in place.
- You will then come back to our office and get an abutment attached to the post.
- Finally, a realistic, custom-made crown is attached to the abutment.
You may get a single dental implant or many, depending on your needs. Once healed, they require no special care. You brush and floss normally, visit the dentist twice a year as usual, and you can eat anything you could eat with your natural teeth.
Try Something Better Than Dentures
Dentures of some form or another have been around for millenia, but they have never been as comfortable and natural looking as today’s implants. It may take a little while to get used to the newfound wholeness in your mouth. But once you do, your ability to eat and speak and your dazzling smile will be restored!
If you live in the Novi, MI area and are suffering from missing teeth, get in touch with Dr. James Ross, Family, Cosmetic & Laser Dentistry today. We will go over your tooth replacement, answer any questions you have, and get you on your way to a whole new smile. Dial 248-697-2487 or fill out our online form.